Friday 24th March, 2017
News in brief from the Mill
< Back to listing
- Romsey Mill will again be one of the charity partners for the Bridge the Gap walk which will take place on Sunday 10th September. Last year, over 2,000 took part in the walk around the grounds of Cambridge’s Colleges, helping to raise over £42,000 which was shared between the charities (Arthur Rank Hospice Charity and Romsey Mill). We will share more details when they are announced. However, we need volunteers on the day to help us with the many tasks involved in running such a big event. If you are interested in helping us, please contact Georgina Forbes (Email: Georgina.email@example.com ; Tel: 01223 566492)
- On 19th January, about 100 people attended Romsey Mill’s Annual Thanksgiving Service - and heard young people who have benefitted from the work of Romsey Mill speak about their experience. Thank you to all those who came and shared in the celebration.
- In April, Ollie Omeakin, our Youth Development Worker based in Sawston, Shelford and Stapleford will be getting married to Amy. We wish them a great day and a happy and blessed future together.
- ‘Pop a pound in the pot’ for Romsey Mill. The old, round pound coin in your pocket or purse ceases to be legal tender from October 2017. Romsey Mill can give your old pound coin a longer life by helping to give local young lives a brighter future. If you would like to help with a collection at work, school or church, please contact us and we will supply you with collection pots and materials. Contact, Georgina Tel: 01223 566492, or Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last month, Romsey Mill held a Quiz Night at the Guildhall in Cambridge. Over 200 people took part, helping to raise over £2,000 for Romsey Mill. Thank you to everyone who came, including Deep Blue, who provided live music during the evening and James Edwards, our Quiz master for the night.
- Last month, we said ‘Goodbye’ to Becky Wilkes, who has been part of our Admin team since 2014. Becky is a trained counsellor and would like to develop that side of her career. Thank you, Becky!
- We always need volunteers to help our programmes, shop and to do other jobs. Contact Diane Hicks: ( email@example.com ) or Tel: 01223 213162.